Bathtub machines

CarmenG@aol.com CarmenG at aol.com
Sun Dec 2 20:52:04 CET 2001

Forgive me--I know this is off-topic, but this talk of bathtub machines
reminded me of a comic I read as a child (1960s-70s). My older brother's
classes would regularly receive a comic book in school (Imagine THAT!!). I
don't remember the title, but it would include comics such as the biographies
of famous people, the origins of a certain volcano, the real story of
Robinson Crusoe, etc., so evidently it was educational. However, it also
included a hilarious (well, hilarious to an elementary school kid)
letters-to-the-editor section on the front & back inside covers called "Dear
Backtalk." AND it would include comics that were simply fun.
    And one of these was about a boy who had a flying bathtub. He could
control it by the use of the faucet handles. I'm pretty sure it was Not a
time machine, but just a vehicle for flight.
    I dearly loved these comics (along with my duck comics) and was wondering
if ANYONE had ever heard of these things??? Sorry to veer off-topic, but if
anyone would know, he or she would be in this group. (Maybe this is a job for
Don Rosa....)
    Okay, back to the ducks--
Carmen