depression

SRoweCanoe@aol.com SRoweCanoe at aol.com
Sun Feb 4 16:56:05 CET 2001

In a message dated 02/04/2001 10:46:45 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Candico86 at aol.com writes:

<< I was reading the Don Rosa timeline a few days ago and he mentioned the
 depression or the collapse of the stock exchange in Duckburg.  In real life,
 during that time thousands of people lost their whole fortunes and that time
 was at the peak of Scrooge's fortune.  Just one year later he became the
 worlds richest duck.  If Don or anybody else knows how Scrooge could have
 maintained his vast and humongus fortune during the depression, I would like
 to know how.  Thank you. >>

Sure, people lost their money because they had it tied in investments that
turned bad. Or banks that went insolvent (this was before -in the usa-
savings and checking were insured by the usa goverment).   Scrooge had his
investments in cash money at home.
  In times of high inflation, that's a bad idea (investments are better) -
but hey, Scrooge was always a lucky duck.

Steven Rowe