Barrier book

Jmbarrier@aol.com Jmbarrier at aol.com
Sun Feb 11 15:21:51 CET 2001

Erik Svane has called my attention to the DCML and to the questions raised by
Daniel van Eijmeren and others about possible errors in my book, Carl Barks
and the Art of the Comic Book. The book contains a number of minor factual
and typographical errors (for instance, the printer insisted on spelling
"Atalanta" as "Atlanta" on page 199, even though the spelling was correct in
my manuscript). I've accumulated a file of those errors, in the hope that I
could correct them in a revised edition. Unfortunately, the publisher--whose
motives are a complete mystery to me--has reprinted the book without making
any changes in it. Since there is now no prospect of a revised edition, I
plan to post a list of corrections later this year. In the meantime, I'd
welcome messages about possible errors, since I'm sure there are some that
I'm not yet aware of.

Michael Barrier
226 North Saint Asaph Street
Alexandria VA  22314-2517