Various

Eirik Jørgensen Sollie eirik.sollie at c2i.net
Wed Jan 3 00:11:20 CET 2001

John Chadvick wrote:
"I've thought about writing them, but I'd want to suggest a specific story
as an essential work and how do you narrow down the Barks canon to just one
story. I think I'd go with either "A Christmas for Shacktown" or "Only A
Poor, Old Man"."
Some good suggestions there, John. The problem, of course, is to find a
story that is "typical" Barks, but at the same time one of his best. I would
recomend "The faboulus Philosopher`s stone" or "Luck of the North". Both are
among my personal favourites. The first one provides the oppprtunity to
understand a lot of Donald`s personality - in what direction Barks developed
Donald`s personality. The other portrays Bark`s most fabolous cration -
Scrooge - in a good way.
Kristoffer wrote:
"Hello, I am new at this list. What sort of Walt Disney Comics are you
spending your time by discussing here?"
About everything, as far as I can tell. Mostly comics containing ducks or
mice, though.
About "Mathematics in Duckburg":
Sounds interesting, Nils Lid Hjort. But where - on the internet - can you
find more information about this?

Eirik J. Sollie, Norway