Silvia Ziche, Italian artists, Disney style

Francesco Spreafico frspreaf at tin.it
Sat Jan 6 16:58:07 CET 2001

From: "Fernando Ventura" <fernandopventura at uol.com.br>

> Well... are you interested in her work or in her look?? ;-)
> She's the niecest Disney artist I've ever seen!!! Me too... :)

I agree :-))

> There are more informations about her...her work? I think that we need
> improve more times the creator section on DCML...let's help Per
Starback!

There used to be a "beta" secret site about her, made by her brother, but
that was a couple of years ago and after a while it disappeared; I never
heard about it anymore :-(

> In fact, I'm happy to buy the "Topolino"...(when I found it on
> Brazil)...there are many new GOOD Italian Disney artists representing
this
> "new generation"...

Well, "many" is a big, big word, and so is "good" :-)

> I like:
> Claudio Sciarrone

Me too, I'm glad I'm not the only one to like him. (I have to say that
lately he's gotten a bit worse... I think that's because of the low pay
:-( )

> Silvia Ziche

Of course, the best "new one".

> Enrico Faccini

I think he's good too, yes, even though I find him better as a writer.

> Stefano Intini

I used to hate him, his PKNA stories are frankly horrible, BUT the short
ones, still on PKNA, about Evrons, were very good. I realized that his
only problems are ducks. He just has no idea what they should look like.

> Lara Molinari( It's a He or a She???)

It's a She, but I don't like her particularly (even though I don't dislike
her either)

> Alessandro Barbucci (Paperino Paperotto is GREAT!!! It goes to the
writters
> of this too!)

I hate Paperino Paperotto, but I admit that Alessandro Barbucci is
slightly better than the average (while NO WAY I can accept that he's
considered a Master by some... come on, get real!)

> I don't know a good writter...yet...but I liked a lot when Enrico
Faccini
> write the story hinself.

Oh, great, we agree then :-)

The "greatest" one is (was) Tito Faraci, but he seems to have left Disney,
so... :-(
Another good one is Silvano Mezzavilla.

> I just dislike when I see LOT'S of artists, with the SAME look of
Cavazzano!

Yes indeed. Roberto Vian for example. The problem is that you can't say
that their drawings are bad, because they're not. With horrible art I
generally don't even bother reading the story, I just skip it... but this
is not the case.

"Old" Cavazzano clones are Mastantuono and Intini, but later on thay
changed they're style into something more personal... the problem is that
Mastantuono after a very poor period has reached a good level now, while
Intini IMHO not yet.

> This one's that I speak about are able to do there own style...It this
that
> I most like on  Disney comics, when a artist has his own style! For this
> like so much Reanto Canini! It's different from influence.

Renato Canini?

Anyway there's another problem here. It'a alright to be different and
original, but as long as your art doesn't suck! And by that I don't mean
that the artist can't draw, but only that he can't draw ducks (or mice)
take one for all, Fabio Celoni. I think he'd be  a great Marvel or DC
artist, but with disney, well, he's just not.

--
Sprea
http://digilander.iol.it/sgrizzo (Scarpa)