Carol Voges, 1925-2001

Henri Kunne HJC.Kunne at net.HCC.nl
Sat Jan 13 20:20:02 CET 2001

At 12:06 13-1-01, Harry Fluks wrote:

>Dutch artist Carol Voges died last Tuesday. This was in
>my newspaper yesterday. Carol is remembered mostly by his non-Disney things.
>But in a smaller circle he is also famous for drawing the ugliest Duck
>characters of the 1970s. In a recent interview he said "he never objected"
>to making Disney stories. I think his work showed that attitude...

I disagree. I consider Voges' Duck art even very good. We already talked about
this, Harry, but I want other list members to know about my "second opinion",
so they won't take yours for a scientific fact. To me, there's no such thing as
bad Voges art.
         Asking Harry what should be so bad about Voges' Duck drawings,
he answered with an argument about lots of little lines depicting motion. I
hardly see them.
         Other Dutch list members here with any expressed opinion about
Voges' Disney art?
         Greetings, Henri