phantom blot

Kenneth Glendinning neth80 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 30 16:07:55 CET 2001

I have checked the artwork and it dose not look any thing like Paul Murrys
work and the story is a direct copy of the original Floyd gottfredson one.
Dick Moores must be the answer as it is odd ball art that is not well known.

Kenneth

Kenneth, Harry:
> > I have a 1975 Australian copy of Walt Disney's comics that has
> > the story Mickey mouse outwits the phantom blot Serial-part6.
> > But the story is clearly not drawn by Floyd gottfredson.
> > As the artwork is no way near as good. Dose any one know about this?
>I think your copy has artwork by Paul Murry. [...]
>Another option is that your comic was not the original story, but one of
the
>sequel stories that Murry drew in the late 1960s.
The Inducks suggests also a third option: the remake of the story, drawn by
Dick Moores, which appeared in WDC&S 101 - 106 (1949). It had 48 pages in
total, and the sixth (and last) part was 7 pages long.

Hope it helps,
Armando