Red dye again

Fabio Blanco longtom at oeste.com.ar
Mon Jul 9 09:42:20 CEST 2001

Some messages ago Daniel Van Eijmeren said:

>In Barks' red dye story (WDC 201), Donald accidently dyes the city red.

According to my dictionary, the saying "paint the city red" means
something like: having a good time by going into the city, like going
to a disco or having a dinner in a restaurant. (In Dutch, the saying is
"de bloemetjes buiten zetten", which means "put the flowers outside".)

Now I am thinking in High Plains Drifter, the Clint Eastwood movie. And
dreamed the Don Rosa's version with the obligated film reference.

<G> Hey, sure that Don catches this comment... don't,Don?

Cheers!
FABIO