When did the first dutch stories begin ?

Fluks, H.W. H.W.Fluks at kpn.com
Mon Jul 9 17:19:04 CEST 2001

Ola:

> In the latest number of the Swedish weekly there are two dutch stories
> with story code H771 and H772. Are these the first two stories done in
> Holland ?

No, but they are the first and second Wolf story done in Holland in 1977 (if
you are referring to Wolf stories, that is). The actual codes should have
been H-W-771 and H-W-772; apparently Egmont chose to remove the "W" from the
code.

Dutch production started in 1953. See my "Bolderbast" website for more
information:
http://home.wxs.nl/~fluks4/bolderbast/xph.html
(This website also has information about producktion in other countries.)

> One is drawn by Jippes and Matena and the other one
> by Jippes
> and DeJonge if I remember correctly. Does anyone know in what way they
> divided the work between them ? Did e.g. Jippes sketch and
> the other ink or what ?

Jippes was mostly responsible for the layout of the stories. He also was a
"coach" to the other artists.
(Currently Eddy van Schuijlenburg has that function in Holland. He recently
told me that "Art director" is not a good name for his function, though many
people use that.)

BTW, what do DCML people think of those Dutch Wolf stories?

> still very warm Stockholm +30 and sweaty

After a few thunderstorms and a rainy Sunday, things are getting a bit
cooler here in Holland.
--Harry.