Re 610

Anders Christian Sivebaek acsive at mail.mira.dk
Fri Jul 20 17:52:10 CEST 2001

Eero-Pekka Halinen
> I wonder if any of you have read the story wich was in the newest Aku
Ankka
> magazine here in Finland (from some other comic-magazine, I mean). It
was a
> manga-version of Barks's
> -Something Fishy Here- (?). Usually I find manga as a great type of
comic,
> but, in my humble opinion, it didn't work in a duck comic. It goes on
too
> slowly and the panels are in strange places (for occidental people,
at
> least).
I've not seen the exact issue or the story, but I've seen 4 or 5 other
manga-style disney comics in japenese and german.

> I think that it was a nice "how would it work" kinda thing, but it
wouldn't
> work in Japan (with the ducks) and neither in here. What do YOU
think?
I do think ti works for the japanese. I don't know if the magazine
still published
overthere, but I have no. 7 from 1999. It's in b/w cause colors are for
kids overthere.

The german comic was an adaption of Barks' Rainmaker story, and I
mentioned it
here some long time ago. Editor of the german weekly, Mr Stahl told us
that the
readers like the stories. And that's good enough for me - as long as
noone forces
*me* to read them. But now, I guess it's a question of time before we
see the stuff here,
and the kids will like it, as they like the monthly paperinik-magazine
(?)

AC