Death in Disney comics

Armando Botto bolcano at tin.it
Sat Jul 28 15:34:22 CEST 2001

A few weeks ago, Petri Kanninen wrote:
> In "Topolino e i fantasmi neri" (I TL 466-B) two of Clarabelle's uncles
have an accident with a helicopter and die. This happens in an episode drawn
by Perego (otherwise the story is drawn by Carpi) so I don't know if the
scene is in the original publications.

Interesting... I TL 466-B has just been reprinted in Italy in "Grandi
Classici" 176: Clarabelle's uncles die because of the explosion of a bomb in
their pumpkin field. The scene is drawn by Carpi. I've checked an older
Italian reprint (CWD 32, from 1969), and there's no trace of Perego there,
either... maybe Perego re-drew the scene for a later reprint (CD 57, or TM
27)? Can anybody check?

Ciao,
Armando