DCML digest, Vol 1 #554 - 5 msgs

Sue and Gary Leach bangfish at cableone.net
Wed Jun 6 00:02:31 CEST 2001

Rob:

> ŠI didn't mean to offend comic book editors by seeming to
> imply that their job is easyŠMy comment was
> meant to imply that it was a relatively "riskless" way (for the lowest
> level of editorial staff) to show some tangeable productivity that is easy
> to notice (comic covers).

Thanks for the clarification, and apologies in turn for my sometimes thin
skin. I admit your earlier remarks had struck me as coming from someone who
saw everyone on the editorial/production side of the comics biz as at best
useless, at worst the spawn of the devil. (Not that their haven't been, and
are, editors who, if targeted by such slander, would gleefully reply "Well,
duh!")

Gary Leach