Rant! Rave!

Søren Krarup Olesen raptus at stofanet.dk
Thu Jun 7 19:33:38 CEST 2001

KRITON:

> And for some other reason, the artist was listed as Ntini.
> Regardless of how his name is spelled, I found his art some of the
> worst I've ever seen. The characters were so distorted and
> disfigured that they were only recognizable by the color of their
> clothes!

I am sorry that you see it this way. Those "new" Italian artists (not
only Intini) but also for example Mastantuono, Celoni and Lavoradori
have added something unique to Disney comics IMO.

Like any other viewers of art, we should be open to impressions as if
we went to an art museum or likewise. Honestly, I find Barks plagiarism
(like we see it from some few Dutch artists) much more disturbing than
genuine original art.

I am sure you'll agree, that it shouldn't just all be forests, lakes
and rutting reindeers.

Søren