Politcal corredtness? (rasicm?)

Anders Christian Sivebaek acsive at mail.mira.dk
Fri Jun 8 21:08:28 CEST 2001

Mike Pohjola
You sound to me as hit by the awfull political correctness. Can't I
tell a story about Indians if they're nice carring people? People with
the possible meaning you have where guilty as charged in making Don's
story war of the wendigo not published untill the very last issue of
Walt Disney Comics.
Donald has encountered africans or afro-americans as I believe they
should be called. I can certainly not use the expression nigger, as
they did in the south long ago. There was a case about a danish nazi
(now that's where I say yuck!) who yelled nigger at an african
ambassador and tried to kill him. What would you have against negro
*heroes* in DD? If they're shown as good people, it wouldn't matter to
me. Mickey could very well be a jew, one of the many nice jews - I
never heard of not nice jews. I heard of many who were killed because
of a certain austrian.
The indians were slightly tanned? Gosh? aren't native americans a bit
darker in skin than us darned white people? aren't black people black
and is it only a myth that the skin of chinese is a bit yellow?
Now what would be not good to show the readers was this: White people,
using the sword or the baptismal font to either kill or christen the
"wild" people in America, Africa, Australia, Asia - that would be
awfull showing the kids, though it would also be the truth!
>Still, I wouldn't like to see any non-whites having
>adventures in my comic books. I have to look at all sorts of
foreigners
>all day in the city, so at least my Aku Ankka should provide me with
>something inoffensive and anglo-american.
Well, then you absolutely shouldn't read stories by Barks or
Gottfredson. Gosh, is the problem here that you don't like foreigners??

>Even Hiawatha's father, the chief, is white. Now, I don't mind native
>aboriginal savages as long as there's someone proper to keep them from
>their heathen ways.
heathen? Do you believe in the God who made these awfull white people
kill natives allover?

Aargh... White people are normal people??

A. C. Sivebaek
acsive at mail.mira.dk