Paintings, cels

Vic Pratt thebeesong at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jun 12 18:50:58 CEST 2001

Hi folks

Just my opinion to add to the pot: there's no question
that Barks was a comics genius...I hope we all agree
on that one...but as for those
paintings...proficiently executed, but uninspired, to
my eyes...too cheesy for me, I'm afraid...but that's
just my opinion. If other people love them, great.
Anyhow, if doing those paintings brought in some
well-deserved cash, good for Mr. Barks. Personally,
I'd rather have more comics.

What's the story with "the studio years"? Many
messages refer vaguely to this time with an air of
horror...can someone explain what was going on? Why is
ebay often full of animation cels signed by Barks?

=====
A FINE ELECTRONIC PORTMANTEAU OF COMICS AND CURIOSITIES AT:
           http://come.to/thefleacircus