Rosa in digest #568

Fluks, H.W. H.W.Fluks at kpn.com
Wed Jun 13 18:04:23 CEST 2001

Don:

> You keep listing birthyears for Donald and HDL and
> the other Ducks and saying these are *my* dates. Not really!
> I once showed
> someone a copy of my private notes on the Duck Family Tree

You also once posted an e-mail about this on DCML. Back then (in 1994 or so)
I collected your interesting e-mails, and we saved them on the DCML website.
The URL is:
http://stp.ling.uu.se/~starback/dcml/creators/rosa-on-himself.html#dates

and there it says, amongst others:

<<
I try to list the birth/death dates from my notes. [...] Other dates are
exact when there was a need to be, otherwise I didn't get fancy and I just
used 5 year increments, 1920, 1925, 1930 and so on. (I wouldn't say 1921 if
there was no specific reason to since I knew I might still change a date
here or there someday for some reason. If a date ends in a blank, that means
I figure the character lived well past 1967. If a date ends in a "19??",
that means I don't know when the critter died, but they must surely be as
cold as a carp by 1970!

Then follows a list of characters with dates of birth and death.

Maybe some people read the list on that web page, without looking too
closely at the accompanying text.

--Harry.