571: oils as covers 573:stories

Ari Seppi mani at sci.fi
Sun Jun 17 10:32:14 CEST 2001

Pascal Oost:

> I'm curious: who owns the copyrights to these Barks-paintings? Did Egmont
> buy them for the danish weekly, or did Disney buy them so all
> Disney-licensees can use them?

Aren't they a part of Disney's "we own everything" -license? At least
several of them have been reprinted in many countries, see
(In addition to that list, many of Barks oils have also been reprinted in
Finland, apparently the Finnish ones were not inducksed at the time of that
file's generation).

Ari Seppi (mani at sci.fi)
Erittäin fanaattinen Disney-sarjakuvien ja Harry Potter -kirjojen palvoja