Heinlein, and Sheckley, and Disney (back on-topic :-)

Eta Beta eega at supereva.it
Mon Jun 18 13:03:26 CEST 2001

SHELLEY (to Soeren)

>As a Heinlein fan, I can't agree that Heinlein was lacking in the humor
>department. He had a sharp satirical edge, particularly in many of the short
>stories which may not be readily availble.

Indeed. And, knowing Francesco rather well, I'm surprised he didn't
point out, also to get a bit back on-topic :-) , that a few italian
Disney stories were derived straight from classic S/F...

from Heinlein...

I TL 2247-4  Archimede e la casa in 4D  by Figus/Campinoti
[from "And he built a crooked house" (1941)]

from Robert Sheckley (one of my absolute faves)...

I TL  812-C  Paperino e il premio galattico  Pavese/Gatto
[from "Dimension of Miracles" (1968)]

I TL 2118-1  Paperino e l'isola inabitabile  Figus/Cavazzano
[from "Ghost 5" (1957?)

I TL 2248-5  Paperino e il dilemma del raddoppio  Figus/Gula
[from "The same to you doubled" in "Can you feel anything
when I do this? (late '60s-early 70's)]

and there might be others we haven't spotted yet...

BTW, of "Ghost 5" there exist also a non-Disney version,
scripted by Francesco Guccini and drawn by Bonvi (of
Sturmtruppen fame).

>I'm curious: are Duck fans also sci-fi fans? Or is it just a few of us?

Well, here's another one... not to mention the scripters of
the above stories... :-)

Cheers

Eta Beta