Blackheart Beagle

Rob Klein bi442 at lafn.org
Tue Jun 19 16:09:33 CEST 2001

Regarding Olaf Solestrand's question of Blackheart Beagle's age:
Blackheart Beagle must have been born during the mid 1800s.  He encountered
Scrooge in the latter's young adulthood.  This did not take place in the
1950s, when Donald and the Boys were tagging along with Scrooge.  If
Blackheart DID survive until that time, he should have been shown as
EXTREMELY old and frail.

He should have been the grandfather, or great grandfather of the 1950s
Beagle Boys.   Barks used Granpa Beagle in "The Money Well".  He was NOT
referred to as "Blackheart".  He did not look like Blackheart.  I've also
seen a "Pa" or "Papa" Beagle  (not by Barks).

I am sure Don will provide us with a more definate logic on this subject
(as he must have considered this issue carefully in writing histories.

Rob Klein