Things you don't see in Disney comics

Ari Seppi mani at sci.fi
Thu Jun 21 15:36:59 CEST 2001

[My previous posting seems to be lost again. This is another try. Standard
disclaimer: I hope you won't get dublicate of this message.]

>From: "Olivier" <mouse-ducks at wanadoo.fr>
>Date:   Wed, 20 Jun 2001 08:34:46 +0200
>
>Odd Bjarne:
>>>People die - but never in DD comics. (That'd be sad - but reality...)
>>>(Yeah, OK, mr. Rosa let $'s dad die, I know...)
>
>Actually, there are other references to death, even more terrible: suicides.
>I know two.
>
>Any other?

At least one (originally found by Timo Ronkainen for a discussion in
Finnish comics newsgroup):

In "King Scrooge the First" W US 71-01 (story by Barks) 4000-year-old
magician kills himself by taking antidote to immortality powder.

As far as plain deaths are concerned, old Italian comics include a nice
collection of those.

--
Ari Seppi (mani at sci.fi)
Erittäin fanaattinen Disney-sarjakuvien ja Harry Potter -kirjojen palvoja