Norwegians, Donald & Barks

Halsten Aastebol Halsten.Aastebol at elkraft.ntnu.no
Wed Jun 27 10:14:35 CEST 2001

At 16:41 26.06.01 -0700, Rob Klein wrote:
>Regarding owen Heitmann's & Halsten Aastebol's comments on popularity and
>knowledge of Donald Duck comics and Barks in Norway (and Western Europe in
>general):

>  ALL (over 100)of their children above 3 years old had
>read Donald Duck & Co.  I talked to them, individually, on that subject, as
>I was drawing pictures for many of them (more than 50) at a 3-day Weekend
>50-year 4-family reunion in Kragero.

This discussion is getting really interesting!
You are making an important observation here: ALL of the children aged
between 3-5 and say maybe 15 read the weekly Donald Duck & Co in a range
from regularly to a minimum of something like 5 weeklies a year. This is
the case! And I cannot imagine any Norwegian children not reading Donald
Duck & Co at all. Well, I don't know for sure about the immigrant
communities though.

Let me add that I really enjoyed Owen's anecdote!

Halsten