(no subject)

Kevin Clark magicianzero at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 1 04:21:46 CET 2001

>From: Candico86 at aol.com
>To: dcml at stp.ling.uu.se
>Subject: (no subject)
>Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 19:39:46 EST
>
>I took everyone's advice and over the past few weeks i have read several
>uncle scrooge and uncle scrooge adventure comics and I saw something that
>made me wonder.  The book,"The Life and Times of Scrooge Mcduck" has 12
>parts
>i believe on thestory of his life.  There are also twelve comic books of
>the
>story of his life with the same cover as the chapters of the book (I don't
>own the book I just noticed it off a web site) The point is that I was
>wondering if the comic books are better or the same as the book because if
>can get the twelve comic books which I can than I don't need to get the
>book
>anymore.  I was just curious to see if anybody knew what the difference is
>before I get them.

It sounds to me like the book you're referring to _is_ the twelve issues of
Lo$, published in a convenient package.  That's a fairly common practice
with limited comic series these days -- Marv Wolfman's _Crisis on Infinite
Earths_, for example, is now available as a single book.

I'd get the anthology, myself -- easier to keep track of, more resistant to
damage.