The Euro counts on Scrooge McDuck

Gary Pantzer gpantzer at ny.tds.net
Fri Mar 2 02:50:35 CET 2001

This was the headline of a brief news article on the front page
of the Syracuse Post-Standard of Wednesday,Feb 28,2001.

Below is the entire text:

Europe is scheduled to switch to the euro Jan. 1,2002, with
the help of Scrooge McDuck. Disney's cartoon bazillionaire
is featured on "Uncle Scrooge" euro coins unveiled Tuesday
to be distributed in schools to promote the European Union's
single currency.

There was also a picture of the coin with a side profile of
Scrooge in top hat and writing all around the edge.

Anyone out there aware of this? Anyone seen them? Anyone
want a friend for life? I would trade or pay dearly for one of
these. Forgive me for using the DCML to ask for help.
Gary Pantzer
Oneida, New York