Barks special tributes

Anders Christian Siveb¾k anders_sivebaek at nns.dk
Wed Mar 7 15:53:02 CET 2001

Georgios

>Another topic is that we should report and list  the Special Comic
>Editions
>dedicated to Carl Barks 100th Birthday ,in each country ,starting with the
>current  issue of KOMIX (#153).

Apostolis:

>Very nice idea.
>I think Anders C. Sivebaek told me that there will be
>no special "dedicated to Carl Barks" issues in Denmark
>:-(
>Best Wishes

Hi I didn't know this at the time I told Apostolis there was nothing
coming out. :
A book with about 200 pages, in format like the Barks Library (?) is
coming out. It will be printed in numbered editions. (Already send for a
copy) The stories named in the ad I got are Lost in The Andes, Poor old
man and Christmas in Schack Town

Sounds like a very nice publication, but it's limited and expensive (350
kroner).
Also Don told about the special feature that Egmont have done, and Don did
a story about the Beagle Boys vs. the Money Bin (which will be in issue
21, I think). Other great artists did stories too, inspired by
Barks-charecters.

In germany there's both a 100-page Thanks, Carl and some pocketbook which
might not have as much to do with Carl as first thought.
In Norway and Sweden a 100-page thing will come out too I think.
Picsou publishes (today! ?) a tribute issue to Carl Barks.

Yours
AC