Will: Foreign Disney Comics

Fluks, H.W. H.W.Fluks at kpn.com
Fri Mar 9 10:03:30 CET 2001

(Private mail to 'Clueless in Seattle' bounced. So I'm sending this through
DCML. I assume he'll read it here. And other people might find this
interesting too.)

Will wrote to me:

> I just looked at the first panel of the first story in in "Pato
> Donald" #9.  Here it is:
>
>      S 83158 - MK462 3-PDAL9/1
>
> So, is it the "S" that tells me the country of origin?  I
> looked on your chart and it says "S" is the USA?

Correct.

> P.S.  What do all the other letters and numbers tell me?

This is typical for Latin America: they add the previous reprint issues to
the code.
So in your example, the story code is "S 83158" (you can look that up in one
of the Inducks Search pages, if you want). It was reprinted before in MK 462
(3rd story) and in PDAL 9 (1st story). I don't know what MK and PDAL mean;
they are probably Mexican, Argentinan or Brazilian comics.

--Harry.