Scrooge Doubles

Ole Reichstein Nielsen cft3515 at vip.cybercity.dk
Mon Mar 12 16:38:11 CET 2001

I don't know if it falls within the scope of the investigation,
but this month's Egmont pocket (#241 in Denmark and #283 in Germany,
titled along the lines of "Masque of the Mardi Gras" from a story
by list member Dave Rawson) has a story where Magica De Spell goes
to parallel dimensions to swipe a lucky dime or two.

One of the Scrooges she meets is generous, married to Brigitta and
on the best terms with the Magica of his dimension; the other doesn't
even know of a Magica and is unprepared for her "magic attack".

Without spoiling too much I'll reveal that while the two Scrooges
pose no difficulties, Magica is her own worst enemy. :-)

The story is titled "Amelia e le due numero 1". It first appeared in
Topolino #2318 last May, was written by Antonella Pandini and nicely
drawn by Alessia Martusciello. (Interestingly enough both women, if
my knowledge of Italian first names serves me right.)

-- Ole