digest #440

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Wed Mar 14 13:06:24 CET 2001

From: Mattias Hallin <cmhallin at algonet.se>
>>>Erm... now I must admit I don't quite follow... if this issue was bought
by your sister in 1952, and now belongs to you, well... doesn't that make
it a *two*-owner copy???

Now PLEASE... I hope you'll grant that a comic book, picked out by a tiny
girl and bought by her mommy, would be just as much the "property" of the 6
month old member of the juvenile element of the same household! We shared
all the household comic books jointly. If you don't grant that, then I'll
tell you that... AHA! I now recall that the clerk at that Woolworth's gave
the comic to my mommy as a gift *just for ME*! They told that to me as they
gave it to me in my playpen that day in early 1952 -- I remember so vividly
because they had rudely interrupted a truly fine drool I had going while
pondering the significance of my big toe which I had discovered moments
earlier.