Captain Kentucky and Lancelot Pertwillaby -- together!

Lunnan & Hjort brit.lunnan at chello.no
Thu Mar 22 06:28:51 CET 2001

Another relevant comment re The Don Rosa Archives I & II,
respectively
    . The Pertwillaby Papers
    . Captain Kentucky
The major role in these two books is reserved the same person,
namely Lancelot Pertwillaby (who also has a certain likeness
to his creator), but obviously in very different roles, almost
in different literary universes. It is therefore a rather spectacular
event that these two _meet each other_, in one single dramatic
scene, in a drawing never before shown to the world.
CK and LP are at opposite sides of an obviously too old
and primitive bridge stretching across a dangerous crevass
in (an alternate section of) the Andes. Between and besides them
is a mixture of characters from the two books.

So, how can you see this poster-like scene? The only possibility
is to acquire a "special limited edition" version of the PP & CK
books, again via the Gazette-to-Tronsmo link I gave some minutes
ago. This limited edition is not the tripling-price elephant-skin
Picasso-signed type version, as such things go, but a more basic,
pedestrian, not-horribly-priced limited edition with a "diploma",
essentially consisting of the mini-poster I described above, supplied
with a relevant text, given a number (only 150 copies are made),
and signed by Don Rosa. More information about this: to come
quite soon, also to the Gazette-to-Tronsmo website
www.gazette.no/donrosa/index.htm .

Nils Lid Hjort

who (a) hopes this finds its way to the DCML even when mailed
from his home address and who (b) makes his apologies for the
sales-pitchy comments he makes on this particular occasion.
His excuses are that (c) he and his editorial helpers don't earn a
crown or Duckburg Dollar from their efforts and that he (d)
often enough attempts to contribute pure non-sales-related
genuine-interest-only comments and messages to the DCML.