Mickey Mouse Super Secret Agent

Merlin Haas mvhaas at elpaso.net
Thu Mar 22 14:49:05 CET 2001

At 12:03 PM +0100 3/21/01, Timo  Ronkainen wrote:

>>     8. Re: About boring Mickey (SRoweCanoe at aol.com)
>>Stupid? Boring?  they are great!
>>    Nicely done spy stories by Don Christensen and Dan Spiegle.
>>    The two lead characthers just happened to be the Mouse and the Goof
>>(drawn
>>by Paul Murry), which changes the whole thing to bizarre dada!
>
>Hmm. Now I even more would like to see those stories! Why they were omitted
>in scandinavia BTW? Almost all other MM serials from WDC&S were printed even
>in here Finland.
>Maybe there might be some camp-values in them...??

     The Mickey Mouse Super Secret Agent stories were not serials.
They were originally published in the Gold Key Mickey Mouse comic
numbers 107 to 109 (all 1966).   There are only three stories:

107 - Assignment Time-Lock   (24 pg)
108 - Aircraft Carrier at 2 O'Clock High (24 pg)
109 - The Mystery at Misty Gorge (24 pg)

    The backup stories in the books were regular style Junior
Woodchucks four pagers.
Sample page scans of the story in 107 can be seen at:

http://www.elpaso.net/~mvhaas/MMSSA_107s1.jpg

http://www.elpaso.net/~mvhaas/MMSSA_107s2.jpg

    A hopelessly flawed experiment, but definitely not boring.

best -- Merlin Haas