Responce to Daniel's Posting

kds kds at gnc.net
Wed Mar 28 19:36:35 CEST 2001

On Mar 28 Daniel explained that after his friend had, what was
in his opinion, a bad experience with and artist he was chastised
on this email group  Someone had to wait in line over an hour for an
autograph, and then was refused one a specific books.

Part of his retort is below:

>"Rosa virtually receives nothing else than praising on the DCML, but
>as soon as there's one exception among it then Dan Shane thinks he
>has to act as Rosa's bodyguard by talking to that person in a rude and
>humiliating way. Bah! Childish!" (Obviously, I would have used different
>wording when expressing this opinion in a public email.)

Look - anyone looking for autographs pays their money and takes their
chances.   Okay - you want to gripe you did not get what you want, okay.
I think all DCML readers should just be aware you are venting and be adult
enough to let it go.   Lots of venting goes on here - I suggest we not take
any of
it too seriously.  You can't make all autograph seekers happy all the time.
And it is the artist's prerogative on whether they choose to sign or not.

If you will allow me the indulgence of an off-topic artist, I had an
experience with
George Perez that he refused to sign on comic. The guidebook clearly stated
that he was the artist on the book, but George insists he wasn't.  What am
I going
to do? Argue with him?  He signed other books, and I let that one go
unsigned.
George is a very nice gentleman, and pleasant to all; plus his wife makes
all his shirts!

Robert
Contributing Editor - Comic Books
Suite 101 http://www.suite101.com