(sigh)

Fluks, H.W. H.W.Fluks at kpn.com
Thu Mar 29 11:44:13 CEST 2001

I can't help responding to this, if only to clear up some facts.

Don Rosa wrote (to Daniël):

> Jeez, you just don't know when to
> stop or when people are trying to help you deal with your own
> emotional problems!

Daniël phoned me about this. He mentioned your private mails. He didn't
understand why you insisted that his apology should be in Dutch. Your mail
looked much more like a threat to him than a help.

> Daniel could have made that apology as soon as he sent the
> message to the list, but I waited and he did not do so.

Daniël only noticed his mistake after the digest appeared. He asked me what
to do, and *I* advised him to wait for another day, since that particular
day was Barks' birthday. I thought it would not be fitting to discuss a
quarrel on such a special day.
If that left you or Dan in expectance too long: I'm sorry.

> My choice was to try to allow Daniel to apologize
> for the error in
> such a way that no one but Dutch speakers would even know
> what was going
> on, therefore making it invisible to all other eyes.

I think it's more polite to translate the whole message in public, than to
send another gibberish message to DCML, thereby puzzling all 200+ readers
(except a handfull of Dutchmen and Belgians) *twice*.
Besides that, I think a lot of people understood the meaning of Daniël's
message anyway.

Now let me get back to discussing the comics. This DCML was meant to be
*fun*.

--Harry.