(double sigh)

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Thu Mar 29 14:12:48 CEST 2001

From: "Fluks, H.W." <H.W.Fluks at kpn.com>
>>>Daniël phoned me about this. He mentioned your private mails. He didn't
understand why you insisted that his apology should be in Dutch. Your mail
looked much more like a threat to him than a help.

If he had simply written to the ML, *in Dutch*, something like "Sorry that
I posted that personal message to the ML", that would have ended it
totally, as I told him. I was trying to help him find a way out that would
be the *least* difficult or embarrassing for him. He didn't like the "in
Dutch" part? Then he could have simply written the same thing in English.
Either way he ignored my messages such that I could not even clarify what I
was suggesting if he thought it was unclear, and he caused me to feel
messages were totally ignored. And see what has happened? One guy now
thinks that it was *Daniel* who sent the original crank message, and
another guy is going off quoting the Bill of Rights for some weird reason!

>>>*I* advised him to wait for another day, since that particular
day was Barks' birthday. I thought it would not be fitting to discuss a
quarrel on such a special day.

What quarrel?!?! He simply needed to apologize for the misdirected personal
message. These "quarrels" are all created in his own mind. There would have
been nothing wrong with such a message on that day. But... if the message
had been the one that he posted yesterday, I would have had the same
reaction to its tone and sideways logic.

>>>Now let me get back to discussing the comics. This DCML was meant to be
*fun*.

Yes! Let's! But I bet the fur will continue to fly, there will be more
reactions,  more misinterpretations, and we might even start seeing quotes
from the Declaration of Independence. (double sigh).