Abranz, Bradbury and so on

Søren Krarup Olesen raptus at stofanet.dk
Thu May 3 18:04:14 CEST 2001

LUCA:

> Well, some days ago, at the Torino comic convention I found an old
> "Almanacco Topolino" where one of them was printed. It has no code (as usual
> in that period) but its Italian title is PIPPO CLOWN DA NOLEGGIO, four pages
> long. (AT # 3, March 1966).
> Do you know something more about?

It was Redrawn by Rydahl for Denmark:

MG    7e    D S 65125      8 2          NRy     GO  Et velsmagende job
[xapp:GO,MF,MM,MI] [xref:S 65125(remake)] [desc:clown in the cake]

and the title is:

S 65125        8                    ->  One Sweet Job [hero:0.0. Duck]
[/re:EGM MG 01/67]

But perhaps it *is* the Rydahl version you have. This would explain,
why you find the art so strange. We *know* that the Italians used
Rydahl covers in that period (sometimes even before we Danes did), so
why not a story as well?!

Please compare the art with:
http://www.raptus.dk/pics/ds65133.png

(another Rydahl from that same period)