In defense of Italian comics

Kriton Kyrimis kyrimis at cti.gr
Fri May 4 12:36:43 CEST 2001

ARCHONTIS:

Re: MIKY MAOUS
> more often than not the stories published are solid--many
> times you'll get to see Scarpa, Massimo De Vita, or Cavazzano from the 70's,
> 80s, or 90s.

I'm sold!

> While you won't
> find top stories in each issue, chances are that you'll find at least one
> that is above average among the 5 or so that appear every week. Personally,
> I wouldn't call anything I've seen in the past 2 years as "trash", much less
> "90% trash".

That makes it 80% of at most average stories, as Sprea pointed out. :(

> Italian comics are an acquired taste: you
> have to try them in good quantities before you actually get hooked on them!

I've been reading some of them in "Mickey Parade", which I started buying
when they were printing all those Romano Scarpa specials, and, indeed,
I find many of the stories entertaining, even though I don't think I
will be rereading many of them in the years to come.

	Kriton	(e-mail: kyrimis at cti.gr)
	      	(WWW:    http://dias.cti.gr/~kyrimis)
-----
"`Pessimist' is a term invented by optimists to describe realists."
-----