Story ideas, and more.

Arie Fachrisal cien2 at cbn.net.id
Wed May 9 17:25:09 CEST 2001

Hi all,
>From: "Olaf Solstrand" <harryklein at hotmail.com>
>I have a feeling that one of the most boring things in the world must be to
>finally finish a Disney story, a huge project you've been working on for
>weeks, and then suddenly have nothing to do... I feel a bit that way now. I
>wanna start on a new story, but I'm not sure what to write about... But I
>have lots of wild ideas... Here are some of them. (I would like comments):

>- Blackheart Beagle gets his hands on the "hypnotize gun" which Scrooge
used
>to get Donald charge a very strong man for some money (the story where
>Donald was hypnotized to be a gorilla) and manages to make it hypnotize
>everybody, not just them with low will-power... or whatever the word is...
>and he uses it in an attempt to finally get his revenge on Scrooge

the hypnogun story is one of Barks advance story-telling i've ever read
imho. That's simply because it's against all logical explanation. I suggest
you not to do the sequel to this story. You must be wandering why. It's
pretty simple, the hypnogun *is* actually a toy. How DD can be hypnotized by
it, it's beyond logic. In that story, we saw that DD tried to use it on US
but failed tho' US pretends that he was hypnotized. But once US tries to
show DD that DD is a sucker for believing such things, DD was indeed
hypnotized. DD then take the hypnogun and we again saw that DD tried to use
it on a huge guy but failed, but when the guy used it on DD, it worked. How
that toy gun can affect DD but not the others? I have my own theory. It is
becoz DD believes that the gun is for real that he thinks and act according
to it, too. We can see that DD though have been transformed into a
chicken(?, sorry i forget exactly), he still has parts of him thinking as a
bill collector, then when he was hypnotized as a gorilla, he still acts
partially as bill-collector and half-gorilla.
The original version stated that it works towards people with gullible mind.
But one thing for fact is, that hypnogun is nothing but a plastic toy, you
even have to use your own voice as sund-effect ("Bing") ;-) surely not a
mechanical toy of some sort.
Anyway that's only my opinion =)

>- One of the nephews have a date with a beautiful duck girl (probably
>Dewey)... this is just a small thought yet, I have no actually plot on what
>will happen...

maybe you can make it so the other nephews were fighting or trying to charm
themselves to get the attraction of the girl? ;)

Sorry i replied this one rather late, have been quite busy these weeks but i
really want to say my opinion about the hypnogun story simply cause i like
that story, too.