This one's for you Unca Carl

Wolfsong wolfsong at mpinet.net
Sat May 12 17:05:40 CEST 2001

A few years ago, I attended an event for Walt Disney World castmembers
called "Goofy's Studio Mystery" a sort of scavenger hunt that involved
solving clues and answering trivia questions after hours at The Disney /
MGM studios.  Somewhere in the trivia question packet was a multiple
choice question: Who was the creator of Scrooge McDuck?  Well, of course
I knew the answer, but the only one that came close of the choices was
Carl Banks, so I chose that one and grumbled, and when the answers were
read out later by the DJ co-host of the event, I shouted out "Barks!"
which more or less went unnoticeds.
Last night, I attended the event again, (now renamed "Goofy's Mystery
Tour" and taking place at Animal Kingdom) and was shocked to see the
same question with the same misspelled answer.  This time as the answers
were being read, I marched down to the foot of the stage and waved at
the lady who was the event's main organizer and she came over to me.  I
stared by saying "You're going to think I'm the world's nit-pickiest
person, but ... "  And as soon as I mentioned Carl Barks's name, she
slapped herself in the forehead, realizing she had already intended to
fix this error and forgotten.  Still, she made up for this by  walking
over to the DJ and noting the error on his list, so that when he got to
the question, this time he would read the correct answer.