527 and 528: Eggmont, Margarine, milk and song

Anders Christian Sivebaek acsive at mail.mira.dk
Sun May 13 22:00:10 CEST 2001

Hi my friends!
(With some few extra ingredients to the subject we can start to bake a
cake!! :-)

I believe I wrote the other day of the factory Eggmont, that i saw in
an easter story. Looking for Barks stories in my foreign issues, I
found it in a french Journal de Mickey. The code is D 95144 and
the title means something like chase for the easter eggs.
The factory is on page two, and I remember it being called Ægmont in
danish- which gives me a clue that the original said Eggmont.
The french translator wrote Au bell oeuf (of good eggs) -
but I will leave it to you french people there to explain the logic -
remember my misinterpretations of the french version of the Coin... ?
wow...

Don Markstein
>By the way, I can only recall the name of
>one of the grungy characters who
>worked there. The "inside man at the skonk works"
>was Big Barnsmell. Can't
>remember the name of the "outside man".
>Anybody know that one offhand?
Me, I remember this story. The guy had a brother
on the distant island Donald went to. And he was
just as tuff a boss. I will try to look up the
story soon

The subject of margarine with different colors that swedes and Dan are
wiriting about makes me think of something my grandma once told:
That in the days were the product skimmed milk (low-fat or very
low-fat?)
came out, it would also sometimes be blue or have a blue shade to it.
This can be because of the same thing, that people should be able to
differ from it and the original milk.

Timo
>>The song of the Crying Sailor is a classic in Denmark. a singer made
>>it, a girl tried to claim she made it, and a mayopr newspaper made a
>>contest in 1999 telling people to make some more verses for it.
>Could you tell more about this? Who sung it?
a danish singer, Otto Brandenburg. Any dane who can tell if this is
true or false, please tell - I only remember I heard it once.

>>They
>>sing it on the tune of Home on the range. (ranch?) - In Sweden the
>>founders of Nafs(k) travelled to Calisota and found the lyrics for
it.

>And what is this? Are these lyrics available somewhere in the net?
I should be able to find them in one of the first swedish fanzines from
the donaldist club upthere.

A. C. Sivebaek
acsive at mail.mira.dk