The future in Duckburg, Whistler's mother

Gilles MAURICE goofy313g at infonie.fr
Tue May 15 20:05:14 CEST 2001

I wanted to speak about the future in Duckburg, which has been treated a few
time ago...
I want to create a new section in my site about the future.

In H94108, Donald goes at Gyro's, but Gyro isn't there. Donald sees a
machine where is written "Time Travel". So he goes in it, and the machine
makes him go 20 years later.
Donaldville (the french word for Duckburg) has become a very futuristic
town, and is now called Géoville (Gyroville, or Gearlooseburg...).
He is catched by the police, because he hasn't got his "Gyro-passport",
neither his "Gyro-creditcard"...
It makes me think about Barks' WGGOS 1184, where Gyro has made Duckburg more
modern.
At the police office, he is searching a lawyer on a computer, and choose the
"Duck, Duck & Duck firm", just seeing the name.
He didn't think that those were his nephews, Huey, Dewey and Louie Duck who
will come. They are shown as tall as gyro, serious and they say that they're
married.They also say that Daisy and Gladstone have married twenty years ago
because Donald had disappeared (because he went to the future...)
Gladstone and Daisy are also shown much older.
Donald is disgusted, and he finally goes in the machine and back to his
present...
And Gyro tells him : "ha! I see that you have had a trip in the VIRTUAL
future of my new SIMULATOR machine !"
So everything was in fact like a dream...

Then, there exists a drawing By Don Rosa were we can see Huey, Dewey and
Louie who are older, Donald and Daisy who are much older, and finally
married (the ring!...), and Scrooge's tombsone.

I have heard about an episode of Ducktales in which Webby marries Bubba in
the future.

I have a story, B870024, in PM 192, in which Donald and Daisy marry, at a
church (we recognise Barks' Notre-Duck!), and then they have sixtuplets ( I
dunno if you say it that way, it means six children at the same time) THey
are at least three boys and two girls. At the end, we see Donald and Daisy
much older, and their children, teenagers.
Atthe end, it is said to be a dream, but I don't think so. I think I have
read at lest one time that the drawer had been beholden to do so.
This story makes me think about the cartoon "Donald's Diary" (about Daisy's
mother, in my tree, I will use the picture of her shown when she comes at
Donald's for lunch, not as Whistlers' mother, that I consider as a joke. I
will use the picture of her father when he is on the sofa and shows his
dancers of paper ).

In a cartoon, I don't remember which, we can see Donald and Mr Bee much
older, and we see that Mr Bee is married. Donald is poor.

In an episode of Mouseworks, Mickey is shown with a beard, much older, in
Pluto's thinking bubble.

In another cartoon, Huey, Dewey and Louie are shown teenagers and driving
Donald's car (strange: it isn't the 313)

Gilles MAURICE