unlax

Rodney w bowcock jr. rodney-selfhelpbikeco at juno.com
Wed May 16 03:12:57 CEST 2001

I think this term originated from the Amos and Andy program of the 30's
and 40's.  Anyone who knows about american radio of this period knows
that this was possibly the most popular program ever.  It got so popular
that movie theaters would schedule intermissions every night from
7:00-7:15 so people wouldn't miss the action, and during summer nights
you could walk down suburban streets and hear the entire show from
people's open windows.  It's virtually impossible that Barks didn't hear
this show, and I'm 75% certain that's where the phrase came from.

Sorry to be off topic but.........

Rodney