Italian favorites and duck paintings

Petri Kanninen pkannine at cc.hut.fi
Wed May 16 14:57:04 CEST 2001

Søren:
>Perhaps you or others would like to (re)read the perhaps most sad story
>of all times--my personal favourite in that category. More grief and
>sadness and bad luck is impossible to find:
>
>Ennio Missaglia's terrible (and great!) "Le avventure di Paperin
>Cenerentolo" (I TL  306-A) from 1961 drawn by Luciano Capitanio, who's
>intrinsic sad style worked better than ever. A true milestone that runs
>sixty very touching pages. Have "fun" :-/

Yes, this is a very "fun" story! Best part, I think, is the great
mathematical problem that DD has to solve. It goes like "you buy
something with 9000 gold and sell it with 10000 gold, how much do you
profit". I remember as a child (when I couldn't count too well) the
complex method that DD solved it with felt really impressive. Now I just
laugh out loud because of it.
It's not too bad a story with Hazel and everything and the end is just
great with DD falling to BB trap. It feels just right for DD because he's
been so stupid. Can't like the art though: Capitanio should have stayed
with the mouse.

Olivier:
>Thanks a lot Timo for the link to the site displaying
>the Duck versions of  famous paintings!
>And (in case she reads this) all my thanks to Renate
>for putting them online!

And while we're talking about paintings with ducks:
Is everybody familiar with the work of Kaj Stenvall, a Finnish painter
whose paintings are really duck-inspired. Visit the link below if
interested:
http://www.artpages.com/gallery/kstenvall/stenvall.htm

--
Petri Kanninen (pkannine at cc.hut.fi)