Disney comics in USA again?!

Kriton Kyrimis kyrimis at cti.gr
Mon May 21 20:13:39 CEST 2001

JOE:

> Actually, NO... I would not prefer to continue buying mass quantities of
> stories I ALREADY OWN! Especially in view of the fact that SO VERY MUCH has
> been produced that we in the USA may never live to see! Just the volume of
> new work produced by Don Rosa, William and Noel Van Horn, and David Gerstein
> should be enough to carry the new line for some time!

Hear! Hear!

(A good compromise would probably be what Gladstone did in their first run,
where each duck title would have some Barks in it, even if it was only a
one-page gag. I think that they only broke this unwritten rule in one issue,
which was heavy on Rosa, so probably nobody noticed the omission.)

GARY (or anyone else involved in the new series)

This is probably too early to be mentioning this, but here goes: Please do not
forget about us overseas subscribers, and send us notification about expiring
subscriptions and new titles that will be appearing, in time to renew/order.
I have a nasty suspicion that my subscription from the Gladstone era, which I
understand will be carried over to the new line of comics, will have expired
by the time the first of the comics reaches me by surface mail, three months
after it is published!

(How's that for a paragraph that is both optimistic and pessimistic at the
same time?)

        Kriton  (e-mail: kyrimis at cti.gr)
                (WWW:    http://dias.cti.gr/~kyrimis)
-----