Donald's home address

Rob Klein bi442 at lafn.org
Tue May 22 16:15:33 CEST 2001

In addition to living on Webfoot Walk and Quack Street, Donald also lived
on Oak Street in a Barks story from the late 1940s.  I remember the final
panel of the story showing a house (Donald's) in the background up in the
air "rocking off its foundation" while the silhoutee of a policeman is the
foreground is saying "All is back to normal on Oak Street".  I looked in my
carl Barks Library to find the story, but could not.  I am sure it was a
WDC & S story from the late 1940s (I would have guessed late 1946 or 1947)
but it is just not there.  Up until a few years ago I knew almost every
detail in ALL the Barks stories of my youth (up until 1963).  But now that
I am over 50 years old, my mind has gone "bloooieee"!!!!   Perhaps one of
our Barks experts (Daniel?) can enlighten us as to the specific story and
original US issue.

I have reason to believe this was Donald's third house, after the 2 story
house he had in 1943 in his first wars with Jones.  He moved from THAT one
to get away from Jones (far away to the far edge of Duckburg). This third
house was likely on the North Side of Duckburg, in an older section, not
far from the Duckburg River, (as the Ducks skated on it towards
Pumpkinburg).  His later houses on Quack Street and Webfoot Walk were more
likely on the South Side of Duckburg (and the Duckburg River), as once
indicated in a Barks story.  Scrooges Money bin was located on Quack Street
near Duckburg's Centre.  Donald's house on Quack Street was not "13" Quack
Street but "1313", as the acid droplet eraced the first 13.  His portion of
Quack Street was in the residential area; therefore it must have been much
farther east along that street, as the Centre of the City is not far away
from the waterfront which is to the west.

Rob Klein