DCML digest, Vol 1 #545 - 9 msgs

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Sat May 26 13:46:55 CEST 2001

> From: Norman <nlt at gmx.de>
> In the german edition of "The cowboy captain of the Cutty Sark", on page
> 6, panel 3, Scrooge refers to his two running longhorns as "Michael
> Muhmachers", in reference to german Formula 1 pilot Michael Schumacher.
> I just can't think Don wrote this in the original version. Can anyone
> tell me the english text of that panel?

Well, I'll be a @#$#%&!!!! And this story is taking place in 1883! They
told me that they cut that crap out and that my references were being
translated very accurately! Now see, most all readers of that story will
naturally assume *I* wrote something that stupid. (Yes, "texas Twisters"
were what I had in my script.)

> From: Halvor Sandven <Halvor_Sandven at no.mailandnews.com>
> I may be mistaken, but in the panel where the Beagle Boys start climbing
into
> the vents, it looks like two of the boys have the same number, namely
176-716,
> but then again, maybe my eyes are not keen enough...

Nope, you're not mistaken! I just looked at my copies from the original
art. I can't blame that one on a  @$#%&  translator! These things happen
like magic -- you wouldn't believe how careful I was all through that story
keeping track of those Beagle numbers, making sure that each Beagle in each
situation and doing or going here or there was *always* the correctly
numbered Beagle... and also that you never clearly see the number on the
Beagle that gets into the Precious Gem Level of the Bin. And here I made a
goof... surely penciled in the correct number then didn't read it right
when I inked.
I'll see if I can get it changed in the next edition to come out. Let's
see... that will be... Germany! Ah, well, I guess I'd better stop when I'm
slightly ahead.