Barks- 1950's. Sales figures?

timo ronkainen timoro at hotmail.com
Sun May 27 14:12:02 CEST 2001

Hi all!

Does anybody know if it is known how much WDC&S were sold in 1950's and how
much bigger those sales figures were comparing to other Disney comic books
(Disney-Four Colors etc.) and to non-Disney books (other Four Color
funny-animal books, superheros etc.). I have a conception that WDC was the
highest selling comic book at that time. Is it true?
If so, I think it was because of Carl Barks had his 10-pager in almost all
of those WDC issues (but we all know that already :-)).
I just would like to have some hard data, if there is any.
I mean when Barks had a break in his 10-pagers, several issues had Donald
Duck 10-pagers drawn by someone else, were these issues sold less that those
with Barks?

Timo

^^''*''^^
Cartoonist - writer - donaldist -