Blueprints

Olaf Solstrand harryklein at hotmail.com
Wed May 30 08:09:45 CEST 2001

Dan:

The scenario, as I see it, is;

in the Norwegian Donald Duck & Co, the translation was correct. But in VG,
we could read the word "Guard Post" (I think it was on 2nd floor, 3.
etasje). That's the situation.

:)

From: "Dan Shane" <danshane at bellsouth.net>
To: <dcml at stp.ling.uu.se>
Subject: Re: Blueprints
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 08:48:12 -0400

Olaf Solstrand wrote:

 > ----- BLUEPRINTS -----
 > The blueprints shown in VG was in Norwegian (except for one word,
actually -
 > one place, the word "guard post" was used instead of "vaktpost"). They
was
 > shown with black pen on white paper.

And I reply:

What?!!!

My turn to vent, Don Rosa style.  I went to great pains to make sure every
instance of English text was carefully replace with its Norwegian
counterpart.  And I just looked at the TIFF images I sent to Norway for
publication, and nowhere is the phrase "guard post" seen.  I wonder if
Egmont supplied an older draft of the drawing that was not yet finished.  I
surely hope the comic itself doesn't display the wrong word, even if it
means the same thing.

Okay all you Norwegians, what say you?  Are my drawings all right?  Please
say they're all right!  I'll never get another shot at this.

Dan Shane
(danshane at bellsouth.net)