Blueprints and CAD, a three-dimensional daydream

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Thu May 31 16:49:37 CEST 2001

DAN SHANE to ANDERS SIVEBAEK, 29-05-2001:

> These days just about all technical drawings are created with the aid
> of Computer Aided Design programs (CAD), and are printed out as black
> lines on white paper.

Some (or all?) CAD-programs also make it possible to generate a
three-dimensional version of a design, which allows the user to see
the design from different angles.

Maybe this technique could be used for the money-bin and for a city-plan
of Duckburg?

If CAD-programmes also allow pictures being pasted over the design, like
parts of comic book panels, then it must be possible to build a virtual
three-dimensional moneybin and Duckburg, which will allow the user to
"walk" through them like a tourist.

I'm thinking of The Beatles' "Free As a Bird" videoclip as an example,
which is a virtual travel though the Beatles universe. (You can see
Eleanor Rigby's grave, the paperback writer, the street with the
Apple-building, etc.)

Another example is the BBC-series "Walking With Dinosaurs."

The appearances of the moneybin and Duckburg are inconsistent, but
still I can't help daydreaming about how far such a three-dimensional
project could go.

Best wishes,

--- Daniel

PS. One practical purpose of this imaginary project could be a
Duck Adventures video-game in which the player:

- has to avoid danger when leading the Micro-Ducks through Duckburg (US 65)
- has to hide for Daisy's club (WDC 101 nightmare story)
- has to avoid spies when bringing a serum to Codfish Cove (WDC 114)
- has to reach the surpressed desire party in an armor suit (WDC 198)
- etc. etc. etc.

If this game would get a mutliple player network-option, we could all
play this game together on internet. :-)