King Scrooge Sah,Malcolm"Matey"McDuck,Scrooge McDuck.

Dim I Nticoudis dimadick at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 3 17:36:27 CET 2001

Scrooge McDuck is considered to be a reincarnation of his ancestor
Malcolm"Matey"McDuck due to a story by Barks who confirms there are
reincarnations in the Duck Universe.But there is story that contradicts
it.This story is "King Scrooge the First" by Carl Barks and Tony Strobl
edited on 1967.In this story King Khan Khan(2050 BC-1967 AD) an immortal
forces Scrooge McDuck to drink a magic potion which returns his "Genetic
Memory" to the year 2033 BC,to a point in the life of his ancestor King
Scrooge Sah I of Sagbad.According to this story the Ducks are carrying their
ancestors' memories in their genetic memory.Khan Khan already mentions that
Scrooge McDuck is "almost a reincarnation of Scrooge Sah".The hypnotist in
the other story could have returned Scrooge's genetic memory to 1564,to a
point in the life of his ancestor Malcolm"Matey"McDuck.That does not mean
Scrooge is a reincarnation of this ancestor.So Scrooge's and Malcolm's soul
meeting is not a mistake.By the way Scrooge's soul is already in McDucks'
heaven since 1967 according to Don Rosa.Are the genetic memories he carried
on lost or did he had a descendant?I like Gilles idea that Dickie Duck is
Scrooge's granddaughter.Makes as think his legacy survived him.