Ancient ancestors of the Ducks.

Dim I Nticoudis dimadick at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 3 20:26:36 CET 2001

  Gilles mentions an ancestor of the Ducks who is Greek called Alexander
Duck.I have never heard of him.But there is a story with greek
ancestors.Maybe you can find him among them.It is the 1990 multi-part "Le
sette meraviglie dei paperi" by Fabio Michelini and Giuseppe Della Santa in
which Scrooge McDuck tells the tales of seven monuments his ancestors had
built on different times and places.I sadly do not know the original Italian
names of the characters but I can mention the name of the story,when and
where it takes place.
  Part I is called "Il Cubo di Paperubik"(I TL 1800-A).It takes place in
Egypt on 3010 BC staring the main brunch of the Ducks family at the time.
  Part II is called "I giardini pensili di Paperlona"(I TL 1801-A).It takes
place in the city Paperlona of Messopotamia on 860 BC.The Ducks have left
Egypt for this area now.
  Part III is called "La Statua di Giove Olimpo"(I TL 1802-C).It takes place
in Olympia,Greece on 776 BC where a brunch of the Ducks from Messopotamia
has settled.The story takes place during the first historic Olympic games.
  Part IV is called "Il templo di Amelide"(I TL 1803-A).It takes place in
Ephesus,modern Turkey on 560 BC where a brunch from Olympia has now settled.
  Part V is called "Il mausoleo di Papernasso"(I TL 1804-C).It takes place
in Papernasso,modern Turkey on 377 BC where a brunch from Ephesus has now
settled.
  Part VI is called "Il Colosso di Paperodi"(I TL 1805-A).It takes place in
Paperodi,an island in the Aegean sea on 300 BC where a brunch from
Papernasso has now settled.
  Part VII is called "Il Faro di Paperandria"(I TL 1806-A).It takes place in
Paperandria,Egypt on 270 BC where a brunch from Paperodi has now settled.
  Perhaps one of the Ducks in this story was translated in Holland as
Alexander Duck.I hope you can find the Italian names Gilles.