Origins.

Dim I Nticoudis dimadick at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 1 19:40:23 CET 2001

The origins of a number of Ducks' relatives and friends is vague can anybody
help me a bit with them.
1)Flintheart Glomgold.The Southafrican businessman with the Scotish accent
is said in Rosa's"Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck" to be as old as Scrooge
McDuck.Which means he was borned at about 1867.In the same story he states
he is a Boer.Jan van Riebeek's Boers had arrived on 1652.Among them,possibly
Flintheart's ancestors from Holland.Surching about Dutch Ducks I found in
"The Last Voyage of Ringtail Van Dykke"(H 8841)that a brunch of the McDucks
was active in the Spanish Low Lands at least till 1588 under the name "Van
Dykke".The brunch has Scrooge,Donald,Huey,Dewey and Louie as current
descentants.Is Flintheat among the descentants of this brunch?The brunch is
probably Spanish so I searched for Spanish Ducks.In I TL 752-A a Scrooge
McDuck leaves Scotland for Spain on 1392 and establishes a Spanish brunch
under the name "De La Scalogna".In I TL 753-A five of the seven living
members of the brunch leave Spain on Columbus ships on 1492.The two
remaining possibly also lived Spain from Holland.Is this the origin of
Flintheart's family?
2)Magica DeSpell is one of Scrooge's main adversaries and possible romantic
interest.Her familie is,according to many stories,a centuries old  Italian
clan of sorcerers that has met the McDucks many times during the
centuries.Magica's nieces Nocina and Minima De Spell are about
Huey's,Dewey's and Louie's age.Is she about the age of Donald,borned
1920?There is an Italian story where she surches for a sorcery book about
Wealth Spells.Has surch has led her to an ancient  sorceror who lived in
Duckburg for a while.She faces him and loses due to the help the sorceror
had from his apprentice:novice inventor Gyro Gearloose before his first
appearance on 1952.She loses but manages to take a page who says that if she
melts together coins,each of them touched by a rich man she will make a
powerful charm which will bring her wealth.The Spell is cold "The Midas'
Spell".The sorceror left Duckburg.In 1962 Magica returns to Duckburg in the
story "The Midas Touch"(W US 36-01).Scrooge is the last man in her list.That
means she has already met Flintheart Glomgold and John D.Rockerduck.How long
did the search take?Ten years or more?When did she start looking for the
book?
3)Glittering Goldie O'Gilt(W OS 456-02).One of Scrooge's main romantic
interests.She was already in Canada on 1896 and her name is Irish.Was she
borned on Canada or Ireland?Is she about Matilda McDuck's age,borned
1871?According to I TL 2195-5 she is currently Scrooge's business partner in
Canada.
4)Molly McGold(I TL 1746-A and I TL 2195-5).Molly McGold is the richest
businesswonman in Gooseburg and one of Scrooge's main romantic interests.Her
enterprises are worldwide and she has vowed to be Scrooge's equal.If Scrooge
McDuck is the richest Duck in the world,Flintheart Glomgold the second,John
D.Rockerduck the third she is probably the fourth.She has met Scrooge when
he was seling chestnuts and she was seling ladles.When was that?Is she
Scotish-American.She seems to be a female version of Scrooge.
5)Brigitta McBridge.In her first appearance in I TL 243-A she is said to
have met an Croesus named Scrooge McDuck on 1898.But Scrooge wasn't rich
enough on that year.The year was later corrected to 1928.Scrooge was awfuly
rich during the year.Where did they meet?Has she followed him to Duckburg?By
the way some stories imply she is a wealthy businesswoman herself while
others say she is poor?Why is that?
Can anybody answer me?