Strobl drawing Rockerduck

Marco Barlotti marco.barlotti at cce.unifi.it
Sat Nov 3 22:38:25 CET 2001

At 17.07 02/11/2001 -0500, "Don Rosa" <donrosa at iglou.com> wrote:

>If Strobl ever did a story with Rockerduck, it
>was never printed in America. We've only ever seen Rockerduck in his first
>appearance in the early 60's by Barks. Maybe Strobl did a Rockerduck story
>for that Disney division that sent comics to Europe to fill the growing
>need that the declining Western publications could not fill. But I never
>saw it.

Strobl drew for the Studio Program quite a few stories featuring Rockerduck.
But they were not good stories (and Strobl too was not at his best).

These stories AFAIK were inspired by the Italian tradition. Rockerduck was
the rival of $crooge in Italian stories, since March 1963:

Zio Paperone e il kiwi volante
Abramo Barosso/Gian Paolo Barosso/Bordini/
23//Zio Paperone; Paperino, QQQ, Rockerduck
[reprints: SAP 7, PM 125]

          Marco
http://marcobar.cce.unifi.it